The North Shore of Maui’s funky surf town is bringing a taste of Mardi Gras to Maui for their monthly Fourth Friday party. Paia shops will be staying open late, offering specials, refreshments and entertainment. The February entertainment looks particularly good with a marching brass band performing through town, live music, dance performances, and more. Come on out to Paia town and “Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouller!”
Paia Art Galleries
- Maui Crafts Guild – 69 Hana Hwy (579-9697) DOUBLE artist opening! Tracy Lamon (ceramic masks and tiles) and Diane LaFontaine (multimedia/fresco art pieces) will be featured artists. LIVE MUSIC in front of the store for your enjoyment and FREE refreshments from 6:30 to 9:00.
- Maui Hands – 84 Hana Hwy (579-9245) Maui Hands is having King’s Cake (the food of Mardi Gras). Karla Skarlatti is the jeweler in residence offering 10% off her handmade jewelry. ALSO, 10% off cards are being passed out with purchase to use on your next visit.
- Paia Contemporary Gallery – 83 Hana Hwy (579-8444) View a distinct collection of contemporary abstract artwork & meet the artist Brad Huck while he demonstrates his unique process live in the gallery from 6-8pm.
- Turnbull Fine Art – 137 Hana Hwy (579-9385) Turnbull Fine Art is featuring artist, Semyon Bilmes. Originally from the Soviet Union, he migrated to the US where he brought his traditional talent and had a very successful career as an illustrator. His classical, yet dreamy magically invoked images make you wonder what could be around the corner. There could be a magician there as a surprise…
Paia Beauty Services
- Dr Bennetts Med Spa – 62 Baldwin Ave (579-8979) For February 4th Friday we will be doing buddy botox (bring a buddy to the Med Spa and receive botox for only $10/unit).
- Grace Beauty – 62 Baldwin Ave (579-9779) Harp player and sangria!
- Thee Salon -109 Baldwin Ave (579-6333) 8pm – Thee Salon is hosting “Heart of Africa”, a fashion show celebrating and benefitting The Masaai Womens Art Project of Tanzania. Dance to the sounds of DJ Sweetbeats and DJ Kidd while viewing fashions by Everything Rozy and jewelry by the Tanzanian women. African Dance performances throughout the evening.
- Biasa Rose -104 Hana Hwy (579-8602) hosting a Jasmine Honey Designs trunkshow featuring beautiful locally made jewelry
- Indigo – 149 Hana Hwy (579-9199) Mardi Gras Ball in the parking lot! Karen B w/Helmet Conspiracy on the stage at 7 followed by Northshore favorites, The Freeradicals Projekt hitting the stage at 8.
- Oceania Maui – 120 Hana Hwy (579-6063) From 5-8pm, get 15% off all sterling silver and Tahitian pearl jewelry. Plus a special sarong tying demonstration: Get tied up by Corinne!
- Tamara Catz Boutique – 83 Hana Hwy (579-9184) Live drumming and dance performance in the courtyard.
- Wings Hawaii – 71 Baldwin Ave (579-3110) Wings Hawaii will be hosting their grand reopening! The Wings Girls have been working hard renovating their store over the last week. They plan to open their doors to the public just in time for Fourth Friday! The will also be hosting artist, Maile Iwanaga. She has been in residence for the past few weeks. She holds an MFA from Long Beach State. Iwanaga is a ceramicist that has made some amazing sculptures as well as a series of decaled plates that we will be presenting on final friday! Live Music and Refreshments!
Paia Coffee Shops
- Pa’ia Bay Café – 137 Hana Hwy (579-9130) Poni Brendan and her band performing in front courtyard all night.
Paia Grocery/Wine Stores
- Charley’s – 142 Hana Hwy (579-9453) Celebrate Fourth Friday in Paia at Charley’s! Marty Dread w/ the Marty Dread Band and DJ Boomshot. 9:30 pm
- Flatbread Pizza – 89 Hana Hwy (579-8989) Special benefit for Maui’s teen robotics champions. Check out a robot that can carry a pizza!
- Moana Café – 71 Baldwin Ave (579-9999) Heart Tribe presents “Do It For the Kitty”, a fundraiser for the Boo Boo Zoo featuring The Human Experience (journey-dub), Maesyn (lyrical, violinist), Alyra Rose (gypsy folk) and Freedom Stylew/the ManaFantasticks. Starts at 9. Music during dinner service as well.
Here is a map of Paia parking locations for Fourth Friday. Arrive early as parking can get a little tight in town.