June is moving along quickly. We already at the Fourth Friday of the month and that means another fun Paia Town Party. This month’s Fourth Friday theme is the Summer of Love. I think that is pretty appropriate for a town that still has one foot back in the sixties! There will be music, a summer of love fashion show and specials among the town’s merchants. Here is a run down on some of the Fourth Friday events.
- Johhny B’s (65 Hana Hwy) looks like it will be an epicenter for this month’s Fourth Friday. They will be hosting a dj, the fashion show and live music. They will also be giving free samples of their Maui beef burgers. The Paia Youth and Cultural Center’s DJ Cosmic will be spinning tunes from 6:00-7:00 PM.The fashion show starts at 7:30 PM. The Summer of Love fashion show will be featuring looks from Nuage Bleu, Biasa Rose, and Imrie and hair by Vanity Salon. Stick around for live music from 8:00-9:00 from Matt Lane and friends.
- Paia Bay Café (137 Hana Hwy) Simmer Street – rock and soul grooves by Klaus Simmer, Bob Street, and Jeff Ellison – will be performing in the courtyard from 6:00-8:00 PM.
- Flatbread (89 Hana Hwy) is hosting Maui County’s Junior Lifeguards for a special fundraiser. Come support those learning how to keep us safe in the water!
- Milagros (3 Baldwin Ave) Fourth Friday drink specials inside!
Paia Art Galleries
- Maui Crafts Guild (69 Hana Hwy) What do you call a mushroom that likes to party? …..a FUNGI! Maui woodworker Cole Warren will be exhibiting his work as part of Fourth Friday festivities. Refreshments and live music by Upcountry Celtic will round out a fun night.Cole’s exhibition will feature works made with spalted Maui woods. “Spalting” is any form of wood coloration caused by fungi. Although primarily found in dead trees spalting can also occur under stressed conditions, even in living trees. “You never know how amazing the spalting is until you cut into the wood”, says Cole. “It’s like opening a box of chocolates!” For this show Cole has created inspirational wood turnings, utensils, desk accessories, and tables from Maui’s woods that tend to spalt. Come and feast your senses in Paia on this special evening!
- Maui Hands (84 Hana Hwy) is featuring watercolorist Amanda Scott who will be painting portraits. The gallery is also offering 10% off Chad Durgan’s mix-metal jewelry just for Fourth Friday!
- Indigo (149 Hana Hwy) Sandwich Island Bass returns to the parking lot offering hot tropical bass to the masses who love to dance from 7:30-9:30.
- Oceania Maui (120 Hana Hwy) 15% off all silk sarongs all day! Beautiful colors, light and smooth materials, perfect for your summer of love!
- Wings Hawaii (71 Baldwin Avenue) will be having a sale with 30% off bikinis, mens t-shirts and lingerie.
Paia Beauty Services
- Grace Beauty (62 Baldwin Ave) Electric Harp festivities!
Fourth Friday runs officially from 6:00-9:00PM. As you can see by the schedule above this month’s festivities will likely run a little later. Arrive early as parking is often tough. You can use the guide below to identify potential parking places.