The Hoku’ula development in the community of Hali’imaile is the largest new residential development in Maui’s Upcountry in a long time. The developer held a lottery for the work force housing component of the development in 2021. They scheduled the first lottery for the market priced housing in February of 2022.
Hoku’ula Community Overview
- 196 total lots in the development. The lots will be evenly split between workforce housing and market rate housing.
- The developer created 6 floor plans. All floor plans have 4 bedrooms. The floor plans range between 2 and 3.5 bathrooms.
- Interior living spaces range in size between 1,456 and 2,082 square feet.
- Two of the six floor plans are single story.
- All floor plans include a two car garage.
- Approximately 44 of the market price properties will offer detached ohana units. The one bedroom, one bath ohana units will have 588 Square feet of living space.
- An additional 9 units will have attached ohanas.
- Planned community amenities include park space and a walking path.
- The development is spread over approximately 63 acres.
- Views from the 63 acre parcel are impressive with big panoramic views of the North Shore coastline and West Maui Mountains.
- Aina Lani Pacific is the developer for the project.
This new development is located in an absolutely fantastic location. The development is located on the Makai side of Hali’imaile Road just to the south of Hali’imaile Distilling Company. It is within walking distance of Hali’imaile General Store. It is a short drive down Haleakala Highway to Central Maui. Makawao and Pukalani are roughly five minutes away. Paia is roughly a ten minutes drive.
The area below includes current active listings the developer listed on the MLS. Contact The Maui Real Estate Team if you have questions on the Hoku’ula listings or if you would like one of our agents to assist you with an application for the development. We would welcome the opportunity to assist you as a buyer’s representative.