Last year, Ledcor purchased the remaining land available for residential development in Wailea. Ledcor plans to create an overall development within Wailea Resort called Wailea Hills. Wailea Hills will have have community amenities including a club house area as well as walking trails that connect the different phases of residential development. The first phase is a condominium development called La’i Loa. This is what we learned about La’i Loa Wailea Hills from a recent call with the developer’s agents.
La’i Loa General Information
- Ledcor’s design for La’i Loa includes 15 three story buildings with 75 units overall.
- The first two stories include a two bedroom and three bedroom floor unit on each floor.
- The top floor will consist of a single penthouse unit in either a 3 bedroom or four bedroom configuration.
Floorplan and Unit Information
- The two bedroom/ two bath floor plan offers 1,374 square feet of living space. It will also have 312 feet of lanai including a gas grill. There is a 139 square foot storage space and one underground covered parking space and one uncovered space.
- The master is toward the back of the unit and is going to have mountain rather than ocean views.
- Pricing for the two bedrooms start at $1,495,000. The anticipated initial maintenance fee is $1,154 per month.
- The three bedroom, three bath floor plan includes 1,742 square feet of living space, 424 square feet of lanai and 143 square feet of storage. They will have one covered underground space and one above ground parking space.
- Prices for the three bedrooms will start at $2,050,000. The estimated initial Maintenance fee is $1,463.
- The penthouse units will have either four bedrooms and three bathrooms or three bedrooms, three bathrooms, plus an office. They will include 2,587 square feet of interior living space, 778 square feet of lanai space and 171 square feet of storage. Both parking stalls will be underground.
- The master of the penthouse faces the ocean and has a lanai area separated from the rest of the lanai by a barbecue area.
- Prices for the penthouse units will start at $3,495,000. The estimated initial Maintenance fee is $2,173.
- All units will have nine foot ceilings, white oak wood work and use a neutral palette.
- All units will have views. Penthouses offer unobstructed ocean views. They do have view projections for each unit for prospective buyers.
- Access to the units will be by elevator and exterior stair case.
La’i Loa Location and General Amenities
- La’i Loa’s site plan includes a club house area with infinity edge pool with lap area, a fitness center, spa tub and outdoor dining areas.
- The development is located between Wailea Alanui, Okolani Drive and Kai Malu Drive. The entrance will be off of Kai Malu Drive.
Reservation Requirements and Construction Timelines
- The developer is currently taking reservations. The initial reservation requires 5% down. The second deposit of an additional 10% will be due August 12, 2020. Buyers may cancel with full refund up until July 12, 2020. State condo law allows for a 30 day cancellation period for reservation made after July 12th. Contact The Maui Real Estate Team if you are interested in obtaining more information on La’i Loa or reserving a unit. We may assist you as your buyer’s representative.
- The developer plans to commence construction when 65% of the units are reserved.
- Ledcor hopes to complete La’i Loa by ·August of 2023. I always give construction timelines with a little skepticsm. New Developments on Maui struggle to adhere to timelines, and Covid-19 adds another obstacle.
Current MLS Listings for La’i Loa At Wailea Hills
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Since this is a new development, the developer reserves the right to make modifications to the floor plans, site layout and more.