Maui Real Estate Blog
Paia Fest 2009
Over the last couple of years, the Paia Merchants association has sponsored a variety of new community events like Paia Gives, Final Fridays, and Paia Halloween. These evening parties featured extended merchant hours, music, art and non-profit fundraisers. All were a huge success. This Sunday the merchants are hosting their biggest community gathering to date. Paia Fest is an all day affair with events and activities starting at 8:00 AM and running well past dark. There will be merchant sales, music, fashion shows, fund raisers, art, movies, food and much, much more. Here is an almost complete schedule of all of the activities planned for Paia Fest.
- 8-3: Yard Sale and Vendors at Maui Dharma Center, 81 Baldwin Ave. (579.8076)
- All Day: Mana Foods, 49 Baldwin Ave., is selling a healthy plate lunch, with the proceeds to benefit the Breast Cancer Fund. The menu includes Organic Hot Dogs from Applegate Farms, Rudiâ€™s, Food Should Taste Goods, Steaz, Blue Sky, Boulder Chips, and Annieâ€™s. All product has been generously donated by the manufacturers. (579.8078)
- All Day: Maui Food Bank Collection Bins at Indigo Paia, Maui Crafts Guild, Be Happyâ€¦, and Sand and Sea with each store offering a 5% discount with donation.
- 7-10pm: Manaâ€™o Radio Fundraiser at Charleyâ€™s Featuring the Manaâ€™o Radio Orchestra and Special Guests at 142 Hana Hwy.
- 11-2 pm : Live Ukelele Brunch at Jacques Northshore Bistro, 120 Hana Hwy. (579.8844)
- 12-5 pm : Marty Dread, Teomon and BuBZ , and other special guests at Be Happyâ€¦.Gifts, Books & Music at 71 Baldwin Ave. (579.9600)
- 12-5 pm : Erin Smith and the Throwdowns (1-2pm), Dr. Nat and Rio Ritmo, Anick Violette , and Karen B. at 149 Hana Highway (parking lot across from Charleyâ€™s) (579.9199)
- 4 pm: Band at Grass Landing on Paia Bay to celebrate end of Paddleboard Race. (579.6000)
- 5-8 pm: Hula Honeys perform at Jacques Northshore Bistro, 120 Hana Hwy. (579.8844)
- 6-8 pm: Sound Wave (surf music) outside of Green Banana, 137 Hana Hwy. (579.9130)
- 6-8 pm: Upcountry Celtics at Maui Crafts Guild, 69 Hana Hwy. (579.9697)
- 6:30-9:30 PM: Haiku Hillbillies at Flatbread, 89 Hana Hwy. (579.8989)
- 7-10 pm: Manaâ€™o Radio Fundraiser at Charleyâ€™s featuring Manaâ€™o Radio Orchestra and special guests. (579.9453)
- 7-10 pm: DJ at Paia Inn One Year Anniversary Celebration (579.6000)
- All Day- (12-8) â€“ Artist Demonstrations: Jennifer Throne, gourd artisan; Emi Azeka, hat designer and watercolorist; Susan Jenson, basketweaver; and Rafael Pereda, oil painter at Maui Hands, 84 Hana Hwy. (579.9245)
- 6-8pm-Brad Huck, mixed media artist, is doing a painting demonstration at Paia Contemporary Gallery, 83 Hana Hwy. (579.8444)
- All Day- Featured Artist Demonstration at By the Bay, along with refreshments and a special sale. 90 Hana Hwy. (579.9777)
- All Day- â€œMessage in the Waterâ€ Shown on rotation at CafÃ© Mambo, 30 Baldwin Ave. (579.6323)
- 2pm, 4pm, 6pm: Japanese Godzilla Movies, 3 showings of different movies at Equity One Real Estate, next to Bank of Hawaii at 39 Baldwin Ave. (579.9111)
- Sign up for Paddleboard Race starting at 3pm at Paia Inn*******(579.6000)
- 8-3: Yard Sale at Maui Dharma Center (579.8076)
- 12-10pm: Experience the art, science and splendor of pure aromatherapy and hand crafted bath, body, and spa products. Aromatic offerings to goâ€¦all day long at new store, Lunaroma Aromatic Apothecary, 42 Baldwin Ave. Above CafÃ© Des Amis (579-9714)
- All Day: Sidewalk Sale at Mandala (579.9555)
- All Day: Throughout the day, Mana Foods will offer samples of locally produced goods, hold a drawing for prizes and have lots of mini samples of natural products to give away. (579.8078)
- All Day: Sidewalk Sale at Sand and Sea (579.9377)
- 10-5: Hana Hwy Surfâ€“ 10-5 on Paia Fest Day. 25-75% off on name brands such as Volcom and Hurley. We are celebrating our ten year anniversary this month as well, with lots of specials and giveaways. (579.8999)
- All Day: Special Discounts given at Indigo, Sand and Sea, Maui Crafts Guild, and other stores with Maui Food Bank Donation.
- 5 pm: at 149 Hana Hwy â€œCarnivaleâ€ themed fashion show featuring bikinis from Hana Hwy Surf and jewelry and accessories from Indigo. (579.9199)
- 5pm: Paia Inn sponsors fashion show with looks from local boutiques (579.6000)
It looks like it will be another fun day in Paia town. I hope everyone has a chance to stop by Paia Fest, enjoys all the entertainment and supports local merchants and non-profits.