Maui Real Estate Blog
Paia Fourth Friday-Art Out
Paia’s monthly town party Fourth Friday is scheduled for tonight. The town will be highlighting the talents of local artist with an Art Out theme. Visit each gallery for a chance to win fantastic art made by our exhibiting artists – you’ll have a card (available at each gallery) signed at each location, and we’ll have a drawing the next day to find the lucky winner of some beautiful artwork. Remember to grab a card and have it signed at each gallery/art opening to be entered to win fantastic prizes. In addition to the local artists on display, there will be the usual assortment of Fourth Friday musical entertainment, events and activities. Here is a list of some of the attractions happening around Paia tonight.
- Maui Crafts Guild – 69 Hana Hwy (579-9697) Gyotaku artist Carrie Brady will be the featured artist at the Maui Crafts Guild from May 25 until June 21, 2012. You can meet the artist during her opening reception from 6:30 to 9 PM on Friday May 25. Refreshments and live music by Upcountry Celtic will be part of the festivities at the store in conjunction with Paia Town’s Fourth Friday celebration. “Woman in the Window Series 2? will be the featured entertainment for Carrie’s opening event. Gyotaku is the age old practice of applying inks to the side of fish and pressing them with paper to render unique prints that record the actual size and shape of the specimen fish. Practice and experimentation led Carrie to the development of her own unique style of gyotaku.
- Lumeria Yoga – 161 Hana Hwy – Stop by to see the photographic work by our visiting teacher. Music and fun surround his beautiful photographs taken all over the world.
- Maui Hands – 84 Hana Hwy (579-9245) : Amanda Scott will be demonstrating her water color paintings featuring the varied peoples of Hawaii. She will also be available to do sketches, as visitors come in and explore the gallery. Nathan Belmont will be demonstrating the etching process onto glass, as well as show casing many of his lampwork glass marine life figures. Maui Hands will have light refreshments.
- Paia Contemporary Gallery – 83 Hana Hwy (579-8444) Al Schwartz will be introducing his work, and available to talk to any clients or visitors about his process.He’s locally based, and works with fascinating mediums, including Maui earth and minerals that he adds to his paintings. He will be in the gallery from 6-8pm, to meet and greet!
- Turnbull Fine Art – 137 Hana Hwy (579-9385) Our gallery artists will showcase a live model sculpting and painting demonstration in our courtyard. We’re setting up a canvas for you to try your hand at painting during timed increments. A live latin guitarist will accompany our creativity.
- Simply 808 – 149 Hana Hwy –We are hosting ADI, a creative henna artist and designer that is recognized for her Polynesian artwork on clothing and the body. Born and raised here in Maui, come by to see her you can see her demonstrate her work at Simply 808.
- Indigo – 149 Hana Hwy (579-9199) Be one of the first people to get a signed copy of Daniel Sullivan’s book “Tribes of the Omo Valley”, a collection of photos, stories, and music documented during Daniel’s trip to Ethiopia. Indigo is also hosting talented sculptor Tim Garcia who will be displaying his wood creations and will be on hand to talk story
- Paia Tattoo Parlor – 120 Hana Hwy (upstairs) (579-8515) Exhibiting tattoo related artwork and paintings from our in house artists: Tania Arens, Nick Alvarez, William Crandall, Leah Honma, Cissy Lala, Nate Rose, Nancy Valerio, and Justin Yates. In lieu of any sort of “live demonstration” we will be offering a special discounted rate on tattoos for that night only (which i guess, in a sense, is exactly a live demonstration).
- Café Mambo – 30 Baldwin Ave (579-8021) Angi Walsh and Alana Shevling are showcasing their art at Café Mambo. It’s fantastic work created by the friendly faces that serve you there every day.
- PAIA EVENING OF UKULELE 4th Friday Event-FREE @ 149 Hana Hwy 6:30-10 PM Na Hoku Hanohano Nominee & Mountain Apple Recording Artist: CJ Boom Helekahi, Na Hoku Hanohano Award Winners -Hula Honeys and Master Ukulele Artist-Benny Uyetake and Ukulele students from Kalama School! Bounty Music the largest Ukulele selection in the world will also be part of the event!
- Flatbread – 89 Hana Hwy (579-8989) Upcountry Fitness will be in the house with supplements, trainers and the like.
- Mana Foods – 49 Baldwin Ave (579-8078) Try Pekelo Hawaiian Coffee on Friday, May 25th from 6-8. They will sampling their 100% Maui Red Catuai Coffee inside Mana Foods, 49 Baldwin Avenue, during Paia’s Fourth Friday celebration. Pekelo specializes in 100% Maui Red Catuai, 100% Kona Peaberry and Prime beans.
- Letarte – 24 Baldwin Ave (579-6022) Come listen to beautiful acoustic guitar played by Aaron Boothe and friends.
We hope everyone has a great Fourth Friday in Paia. This monthly town party continues to be a great and fun event for residents and visitors alike. Remember to arrive early as parking gets tight. Here is a town parking map for reference.