Tag: Celestial Cinema
Maui Real Estate Blog
Maui Film Festival Starts Today!
The Maui Film Festival gets underway in just a couple of hours. This premier cultural event is in it’s thirteenth year with movies and parties scheduled for both Wailea and The Maui Arts and Cultural Center. Here are some of the highlights for the festival.
- The event kicks off with the Opening Night Twilight Reception at Capische? Restaurant at the Hotel Wailea. If you waited until tonight to buy tickets, you waited too long. This event is sold out!
- Opening Night at The Celestial Cinema is always a fun place to be. You would be hard pressed to find a more scenic venue to watch a movie than under the stars on the Golf Course in Wailea. Opening night includes a Celebrity Tribute to Actor/Producer/Director Josh Radnor. After Josh receives his award, the festival will be featuring a movie directed by Josh entitled Liberal Arts. The second movie of the night is Big Easy Express which chronicles three bands, six cities and one train. Tickets for the Celestial Cinema are $22 and cover both features. The celebrity tribute starts at 8:00 PM. Arrive early, bring a blanket and enjoy the Sunset. The Celestial Cinema is held every night between now and Sunday with actor and film maker awards scheduled prior to the movies.
- The Taste of Chocolate is a Chocolate Lover’s Dream. This two hour celebration of all things chocolate is hosted at the Four Seasons Resort Wailea. There are six stations where chocolate is served in a whole variety of manners including a chocolate fountain. The Taste runs from 10:00PM-12:00AM on Friday night with tickets costing $125.
- The Taste of Wailea is one of the premier culinary events on the island. Located outside at the David Leadbetter Golf Academy, the Taste will include menu items from 12 different Wailea Restaurants. The event runs from 4:30-7:00 on Saturday. Tickets are $120 per person.
- If you are looking for something fun and inexpensive to do with Dad on Sunday night, you may want to consider The Sanddance Theater. The film festival will be showing a free movie down on Wailea Beach between the Four Seasons and The Grand Wailea. Its hard to beat the movies with the sound of surf crashing in the background.
These are just some of the things scheduled as part of The Maui Film Festival. There is also a full schedule of movies set for the Castle Theater at the MACC, film maker panel discussions and other great parties. You can see the full schedule for the Maui Film Festival and buy tickets online. This is one of the cultural events of the year on Maui and is recognized as one of the up and coming film festivals around the world.
The Maui Film Festival is another reason why the Wailea Resort is considered one of the premier travel and second home destinations on the planet. Beautiful beaches, great golf, a fantastic tennis facility, fine shopping, great restaurants, great spas and a stunning setting are other reasons why people chose to come to Wailea year after year. You can find a full list of Wailea Condos for Sale and Wailea Homes for Sale at MauiRealEstate.com.
Maui Real Estate Blog
Maui Film Festival Coming Up Next Month
The Maui Film Festival is always something to look forward to on the calendar. The thirteenth edition of the Film Festival is scheduled from June 13th through the 17th in Wailea and the Castle Theater at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center in Kahului. This event brings a mixture of independent, documentary, and the occasional big studio production to some great Maui venues. The Celestial Cinema is held nightly under the stars on the Wailea Emerald and Gold Golf Courses. It is one of the more picturesque places to watch a film on the planet. The Castle Theater is a world class venue with top of the line visuals and acoustics. In addition to the scheduled movies, the Maui Film Festival also includes fun parties, film maker panels and celebrity tributes.
As we get closer to the event, the Film Festival has released a partial list of scheduled films. They have also announced that Elizabeth Banks will be one of this year’s festival nominees. You can expect more announcements on celebrity tributes and featured films over the next couple of weeks. We will continue to provide updates about the event on The Maui Real Estate Blog.