Tag: First Friday
Maui Real Estate Blog
Wailuku First Friday Tonight
Wailuku town is hosting their monthly First Friday event tonight. Wailuku First Friday is fast becoming a Maui institution with droves of residents and visitors flocking to Market Street for food, libations and music. Market street is closed to vehicular traffic at 5:30 and the events run officially from 6:00-9:00 PM. Here are some of the highlights for tonight’s First Friday.
- Owaila and Visibly Shaken is playing at the stage in front of Maui Thing at 6:30.
- DJ Dub and Ben Brandes will be mixing beats at The Main Street Promenade starting at 6:30.
- Maui Rumba will be playing at Wailuku Banyan Tree at 6:00.
- Gene Argel and Ohana will be playing at Cafe O’lei around 6:00 PM.
- Andy Kaina & Old School will be paying at the Chris Hart and Partners parking lot off of Vineyard Street.
- The Iao Theater will be hosting Silent Night, Silent Movies Murder and Mystery. Doors open at 6:30 and the show starts at 8:30.
- There will be a Beer Garden benefiting Hawaiian Imersion, Kula Kai’apuni
- Rinko Maui will be hosting their Grand Opening
- The Shop, New Boutique will also being hosting a Grand Opening.
These are just some of the events on tap for tonight. There will be quite a few other activities happening around Market Street and downtown Wailuku. First Friday was the first town based Friday evening event on Maui. Paia followed suit with their own successful Fourth Friday parties. We are now seeing other communities embrace this model of Friday events with the encouragement of the County of Maui. Makawao and Lahaina will both begin hosting Friday events. Here is a video via Maui Now showing highlights of the county press conference on Maui Friday Town Parties from earlier this week.
Head on up to Wailuku tonight. First Friday is happening rain or shine so don’t be discouraged if you see some grey skies. Stay tuned for The Maui Real Estate blog for info on other Friday night parties around Maui.