Tag: Maui Humane Society
Maui Real Estate Blog
Paia Gives 2016
The Merchants of Paia Town will be hosting Paia Gives on Saturday December 17th, from 4:00-8:00 PM. It is hard to believe this event is already in its eleventh year. I remember when the merchants were first pulling together this fun evening on the North Shore. Shops in and around Paia will be staying open late, with many offering sales and special events. The businesses have also chosen different local non-profits they will support. This list below provides details on what merchants are planning and which non-profits will benefit from their generosity.
Paia Art Galleries
- Art Project Paia: 10% of the sales at Art Project Paia will go to the Maui Humane Society
- Maui Hands: Maui Hands will be hosting a Raffle with the proceeds benefiting the Paia Youth & Cultural Center
Paia Barber Shops
- Hairbenders: Hair Benders will be making an in kind donation for the Maui Aids Foundation
- Biasa Rose –They will be hosting a pop up with Sigal Jewlery. A portion of proceeds will benefit the Maui Humane Society
- Letarte – Letarte is sponsoring a food drive for the Maui Food Bank. 10% of sales will benefit the Maui Food Bank during Paia Gives. Customers who bring in 4 cans of non-perishable food items on Saturday and Sunday will receive 10% off of their purchase.
- Luna and Tide – They will be having a raffle with the proceeds benefiting the Maui Humane Society
- Nuage Bleu: Nuage Blue will be offering pupus, In-store artist Jenn Johnson, jewelry by Hula Hoops Maui and a raffle with proceeds to benefit PYCC andHawaii Wildlife Fund
- KJB Paia: A portion of their sales will go toward Women Helping Women
- Oceania Maui: 10% of sales during Paia Gives will benefit PYCC
- Paia Mercantile & Mermaid Inn: 5% of sales and donations from register jar will go toward the Maui Humane Society. They will also be offering an additional 50% off clearance items.
- Paia Trading Company – 10% of sales during Paia Gives will benefit PYCC. Frosty the Snowman will be handing out candy from 6-7 PM
- Pakaloha Bikinis: Pakalaoha will be having a sale with 10% off all items in the store. A portion of proceeds will go toward PYCC
- Pearl Butik: 20% of the days sales will go back to Laa Kea Foundation. Come in for holiday cheer, Swedish treats, and a raffle
- Sassabella: 10% of sales will be donated to the Maui Humane Society
- Tamara Catz: 20% off all Tamara Catz items and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Pacific Cancer Foundation
- Mana Foods: Mana Foods is offering a bag credit program going toward Trucker Dukes
. This will be going on throughout the month of December.
- Flatbread Paia: 5% of all gift cards sold will benefit the Maui Hulilau Foundation
- Honi Designs and Paia Youth and Cultural Center will have a Table in front of Milagro’s. Proceeds from their sales will help to fund PYCC programs
Paia Surf Shops
- Sailboards Maui: A percentage of sales during Paia Gives will benefit Trucker Dukes
- HiTech Paia: 10% of clothing and soft goods sales will go to PYCC
This is a great opportunity to finish some last minute Christmas shopping, support local businesses and support local non-profits. We hope to see you in Paia Town on the night of the 17th!
Maui Real Estate Blog
Paia Gives Is This Saturday!
Paia Gives is scheduled for Saturday, December 21, 2013 from 4-8 pm. This great community event is now in its eighth year. Over the years, Paia Gives has generated significant contributions to local non-profits, provided an opportunity to finish Christmas shopping at local businesses all while throwing a good party. Special deals, refreshments, and entertainment make for a memorable evening of shopping and giving in Paia Town. This post includes a partial list of businesses that are participating and the local non-profits they have chosen to support. If you haven’t been to Paia in a while, you will see that there have been some changes this year with new businesses and other stores moving to new locations. We tried to highlight some of those changes below.
- Art Project Paia is a new gallery that opened earlier this year. This beautiful space is in the midst of it’s second show since it opened. For Paia Gives, some of the artists from the latest show, Women Make The World Go Round, will be in attendance. Kary McCarthy, Kathy Sakai, Lisa Bartleson from Lisa Bartleson Studio and Tatiana Botton from Tatiana Photo Studios. They will be there to take your questions, talk art, life and what to expect for 2014. All for a good cause as 10% of sales proceeds from that day will benefit Maui Humane Society. Art Project Paia invites you to stop by and have a drink, meet the artists and support the Humane Society. They are located at 77 Hana Hwy.
- Maui Crafts Guild – You may smell fresh paint when you visit the Maui Crafts Guild as they will be opening their brand new location at 120 Hana Hwy on the corner of Hana Highway and Baldwin this weekend. This is the former location for Dakine. The Crafts Guild we be supporting the Paia Youth and Cultural Center during Paia Gives.
- Maui Hands is located at 84 Hana Highway. They will be raffling off a 19” hammered metal petroglyph turtle by Charles Corda. It has a value of 125.00. Tickets will be 5.00 each or 5 for 20.00. All proceeds from the raffle will go to support Hali’imaile Community Garden. Refreshments will be served as part of the celebration!
- Biasa Rose is located at 104 Hana Highway. Their holiday festivities will benefit Women Helping Women Maui
- By the Bay is located at 90 Hana Hwy. They will have 2 pieces of art to raffle. For every $5 donated the Maui Humane Society, you will receive a raffle ticket. Also, purchases over $100 on that day will receive a glass ornament of their choice.
- Letarte Swimwear is located in the cute little hut at 24 Baldwin Ave. The Letarte Store is going to honor this special night by raffling 2 $50 gift certificates for Letarte labeled merchandise. Raffle tickets are $5 and the funds raised from the raffle will be donated to the Surfrider Foundation – Maui Chapter. There will be Christmas refreshments at the store between 4-8pm as well.
- Lilikoi is located at 18 Baldwin Ave. They will be donating to the Wings of Aloha program at the Maui Humane Society. They are already donating 100% of the sale proceeds from kai fragrance gift sets and to the program. They will be donating 5% of our sales from Paia Gives on Dec 21. They will also do a gift drawing for those that make a purchase at Lilikoi during the event.
- Mahina is located at 23 Baldwin Avenue. They will be raising funds for Women Helping Women! They invite people to come out for a great night of shopping and helping stop domestic violence.
- Nuage Bleu is situated at 76 Hana Highway. They will be having a raffle that benefits A Keiki’s Dream. They are giving raffle tickets with each $5 donation to win one of two $100 gift cards! They are also hosting a trunk show featuring Hula Hoops Maui Jewelry!
Holiday cheer will be served from 4 – 8 pm.
- Paia Trading Company is located at 106 Hana Hwy. They will be donating a percentage of sales to the Paia Youth and Cultural Center. The Ginger Bread Man and possibly Frosty the Snowman will be handing out candy.
- Oceania Maui is located is Suite 3 of 120 Hana Highway. They will be donating 10% of the whole day’s proceeds to the keiki gardening project at the Upcountry Montessori School of Maui.Every customer who shops there for “Paia Gives” receives a free handmade coconut soap with purchase of $25 or more. While supplies last.
- San Lorenzo Bikinis Maui is another new addition to Paia. They occupy the long vacant store at the intersection of Hana Hwy and Baldwin Avenue between Ono Gelato and Honolua Surf Company. They will be accepting donations for the Maui Food Bank
- Sand and Sea located at 99 Hana Hwy will be accepting donations for the Maui Food Bank.
- Wings Hawaii is at a new location at 69 Hana Highway. We were sad to see our old neighbors move, but they have a great little shop right on Hana Highway. They will be benefiting Maui Food Bank during Paia Gives. If you bring in a canned food or non perishable food donation in for 20% off your entire purchase. That deal runs all day tomorrow.
Grocery and Wine
- Wine Corner and Da Vine Art are located right next to each other in the Paia General Store Building. Da Vine Art is an extension of the Wine Corner and another new addition to Paia. They are a beautiful new wine and spirits tasting bar. They are open for general tasting and can also host private events. Da Vine Art and The Wine Corner will be benefiting the Paia Youth and Cultural Center. PYCC staff and youth members will be hosting a table in the parking lot that sells PYCC hats, cookbooks and other items. We will also hold a raffle for great prize yet to be determined. As part of the tables, Honi Designs Hawaii and Ekahi Sunrise will sell their beautiful jewelry and donate a share of the profits to the PYCC
- Indigo Paia is located in the Paia General Store Building on Hana Highway. They will be raising funds for PYCC’s RadiOpio. One raffle ticket given for every $20 spent in store. Raffle items include RueBelle jewelry, photography by Daniel Sullivan and clothing by CMiya.
- Pearl has a brand new location at 71 Baldwin Ave (The same building as the Maui Real Estate Team). They have a beautiful space with fine home furnishings and smaller home decor items. Our new neighbors will be donating 10% of the day’s sales towards La’a Kea Farm in Paia. Donate $5 for a raffle ticket to win bamboo throw. Serving Holiday Cheer from 4-8pm.
- Milagros is located at the corner of Hana Highway and Baldwin Avenue. They will be donating a percentage of sales to Montessori of Maui.
- Charley’s Restaurant & Saloon will be raising funds for the Maui Humane Society.
- Hi-Tech Surf and Sports will be donating 10% of clothing sales made between 4 and 8pm on the Night of Paia Gives to the Paia Youth & Cultural Center.
Paia Gives is a fun night and a great opportunity to support local businesses and local non-profits. Come out tomorrow night and get your last minute Christmas and Holiday shopping done in Paia.