Maui Real Estate Blog
Makawao Friday Town Party Tonight
Tonight from 5:00pm to 9:00pm, the Upcountry Maui town of Makawao will be hosting its monthly third Friday party. December’s Makawao Friday Town Party has the theme of “Makawao Gives: A Hawaiian Holiday Party.”
The event kicks off with a Paniolo Holiday Parade from 5:00pm to 6:00pm. The road will be closed from Makawao School on Baldwin Ave to the Liquor Shack on Makawao Ave for the parade, as cowboys and gals on horses, horse-drawn wagons, marching groups, farm tractors, and more fill the streets of Makawao.
Rev. Kimberly Fong from Pookela Church in Makawao will give a special blessing at 6pm on Makawao’s Center Stage, located at 3654 Baldwin Avenue. After the blessing, Kepa will play on the Center Stage, and many other musicians will be featured on stages around town. A variety of outdoor food and activity vendors will be available for the entire family, and restaurants will be staying open late for sit-down dining. In addition, many of the merchants in the town center will be holding in-store promotions and giveaways to raise funds for local charities.
All stores will be open during the event. Here is a more complete list of events and activities scheduled for tonight’s Makawao Friday Town Party.
Paniolo Holiday Parade at 5pm, starting at Makawao School on Baldwin Ave. and ending at Liquor Shack on Makawao Ave.
Pule from Rev. Kimberly Fong from Pookela Church at 6pm at Center Stage at 3654 Baldwin
Center Stage at Makawao Farmer’s Market sponsored by Miyake Concrete: KEPA
Julie Galeva Art Gallery: ATYANA SHAPIRO-LEISTE on the Grand Concert Harp
BENNY UYETAKE (Ukulele/Jazz)
SAMUAL E KALAMA INTERMEDIATE UKULELE BAND
ELAINE RYAN (Singer/Songwriter)
LYDIA PANZIK (at Makawao Steakhouse Courtyard)
Star Anise Indian Food
Zia Maria Gelato
Relish the Dog (Hot Dogs)
No Ka Oi Nut Company
Cake Walk Bakery
Lilikoi Express (Local Food)
King Kekaulike High School (Hot Drinks & Snacks)
Infusion Oil (Cooking Oils)
Rainbow Acres (Succulent Plants)
Hale Ho‘omana (Tea & Gifts)
Plant a Wish (Living, Native Christmas Trees)
Maui Huliau Foundation
La Ti Da (Face Painting, Balloon Twisting)
Free Pilates Lessons & Wellness Coaching (at OnCore Studio)
Epic Entertainment Hawaii (Photo Booth)
Rotary Club Holiday Gift Wrapping (By Donation Only)
Bull Bash at Oskie Rice Arena from 7pm – 9pm
Open House at Maui102NINE Radio Station
“Quintessential Maui” Art Show (Viewpoint Gallery)
Open House at Paragon Salon supporting Boys & Girls Club
PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
Makawao Base Yard (Across from St. Joseph’s Church)
2 Parking lots on Brewer Road
Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Ave near the Library
Komoda Store Parking Lot
I had the opportunity to attend last month’s inaugural Makawao Town Party and it was a rousing success. The streets were packed and the merchants did a great job hosting the party. I imagine this month’s event will be even better.
Maui Real Estate Blog
Holiday First Friday Wailuku
Tonight is First Friday in Wailuku. This street party is a very popular event for local residents and even some visitors thanks to the good music, good food and good times on hand. This month, First Friday will have a little more holiday flair. Market Street is closed to vehicle traffic at 5:30 with events planned from 6:00Here are some of the events planned for tonight’s First Friday.
- Christmas Parade, Santa with Maui Cheer Babes and Wailuku Council member Mike Victorino, Vineyard Street, 6:00 PM
- Na Leo Lani O Maui, Maui Thing Stage 6:30 PM
- Gene Argel and Ohana, Cafe O Lei 6:00 PM
- Joel Katz Hawaiian Steel Guitar and Lily, Banyan Tree Park, 6:00 PM
- Live Christmas Carolers from Victorian England, Iao Theater from 5:30-6:30
- Visibly Shaken, Main Street Promenade, 6:30 PM
- Andy Kaina & Old School, Live Music at Chris Hart & Partners Parking Lot, Vineyard St.
- A Christmas Carol, Maui Onstage, Iao Theater 7:30 PM
- Hawaiian Christmas Wreath Sale, Hawaiian Food & Fresh Kulolo & Poi, Victor Pellegrino Book Signing “Uncle Kawaiola’s Dream”, Native Intelligence
- Beer Garden: Na Leo Kako’o, Benefiting Hawaiian Immersion Kula Kaiapuni
- Keiki Activities at the Pono…Do What is Right Store?
- Exhale! at Body Alive Yoga with a Christmas Card Art Show.
There will also be food specials and sales at assorted restaurants and merchants around town. If you can’t make First Friday, you can keep an eye on the proceedings via the Wailuku cam. Have a great First Friday!
Maui Real Estate Blog
Paia Fourth Friday Party Tonight
Today is black friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. If the idea of long lines at big box stores makes you shudder, I propose an alternative for your Black Friday shopping experience. Paia restaurants, galleries and merchants are hosting their fourth Friday event tonight. You can support local businesses and have some fun while you shop. Merchants will have refreshments, musical entertainment and more. Check out the list of events planned for tonight’s Fourth Friday in Paia.
Paia Art Galleries
- Maui Crafts Guild – 69 Hana Hwy (579-9697) Fourth Friday, Nov 25 at the Maui Crafts Guild kicks off our annual weekend sale. 10% off everything in the store for kamaaina and visitors alike through Sunday the 27th! We will be open late that night and have refreshments for the browsers and time to meet our local artists.
- Maui Hands – 84 Hana Hwy (579-9245) Maui Hands will feature jeweler Karla Skarlatti working on her latest designs. We will also offer a 15% discount on all jewelry through out the gallery from 6-8. Refreshments as well will be served.
- Paia Contemporary Gallery – 83 Hana Hwy (579-8444) we’ll be offering a 10% on the artworks for the weekend of 4th Friday!
- Turnbull Fine Art – 137 Hana Hwy (579-9385) We are planning a month of Thanks at Turnbull Fine Art. We will be having a raffle for a gift of thanks from Turnbull Fine Art. Steve Turnbull will be the guest artist playing around with an ice sculpture in the courtyard… Come and chip away!
Paia Beauty Services
- Dr Bennetts Med Spa – 62 Baldwin Ave (579-8979) Relax after your extreme shopping day in our spa setting with complementary “Champagne and Dessert ” at Dr. Bennett’s Med Spa!!!!
- Grace Beauty – 62 Baldwin Ave (579-9779) Free acupuncture, Irene Ryding playing the harp, raffle for a facial with Katy, drinks, food, astrology readings, paraffin treatments.
- Agua De Flora – 161 B Hana Hwy (579-3339) “Bobby-Joe” will be performing celtic harp and song between 6-9pm. We’ll have 5% discounts on some of the oils and 5% on all RueBelle Jewelry.
- Biasa Rose -104 Hana Hwy (579-8602) Trunk Show featuring Jasmine Honey Designs made on Maui unique jewelry on both Friday and Saturday. Bring 3 cans of food for Maui Food Bank for 25% off jewelry on Fourth Friday. Fresh flowers will be sold with a portion of sales going to the Humane Society. Refreshments will be served
- Hemp House -16 Baldwin Ave (579-8880) Free incense for all shoppers
- Letarte Swimwear – 24 Baldwin Ave (579-6022) We want to invite everyone to end their Black Friday shopping at Letarte where they can get themselves outfitted for the holidays, have a few drinks and finish the day with some good music. Please check our new space featuring Cabrinha merchandise and the artwork of Peter Cabrinha.
- Lilikoi – 18 Baldwin Ave (579-6055) We will offering 10% discounts and handing out free Kai fragrance samples. Throughout November and December, we are raising funds for the Humane Society.
- Maui Girl – 12 Baldwin Ave (579-9266) 10% -50% off entire inventory
- Nuage Bleu – 76 Hana Hwy (579-9792) Fourth Friday we will be having our annual massive after Thanksgiving sale! As usual we will be serving bubbly while customers enjoy amazing discounts. We will be open til 8pm.
- Paia Trading Company – 106 Hana Hwy (579-9472) Paia Trading Company will have refreshments, and Frosty the Snowman will be there to kick off the holiday season.
- Pakaloha Bikinis – 151 Hana Hwy (579-8882) Pakaloha has $36 per piece or Mix and Match any 2 pieces for only $69
Paia Coffee Shops
- Paia Bay Café – 137 Hana Hwy (579-9130) “Meet the Artist” Julia Lynn Copeland from 6-8pm. Julia will share her inspirations as a plein-air painter on Maui, and stories about her paintings that will be on display at Paia Bay Cafe through the holiday season. Julia is a resident plein-air artist at the Fairmont Kea Lani, and a featured Wedding Painter for the Four Seasons Resort in Wailea. To contact Julia, visit www.MauiWeddingPainter.com We are also having Simmer Street play out front. The trio consists of Klaus Simmer, Bob Street and Jeff Ellison. They play acoustic blues, bossa nova – americana eclectica.
Paia Grocery/Wine Stores
- Mana Foods – 49 Baldwin Ave (579-8078) November 25th, 6-8pm Plate lunch benefitting Haiku Elementary School. We will be serving venison chili and rice, vegetarian curry and rice, kalua pork and stir fry cabbage. All plates are $6 and are served with a beverage. 100% of proceeds will be donated to Haiku Elementary School. Also check out the demo at the Bamboo TIKI demo bar inside.
Paia Health & Wellness
- Northshore Pilates – 127 Hana Hwy-performance of HOOPNATYZE, the hottest new fitness trend in LA. Live performance in courtyard during band break. Come check out the amazing talents of our Hoopnatyzing instructor, Kisha.
Paia Home Furnishings
- Indigo – 149 Hana Hwy (579-9199) DJ, drinks, and fun.
- Pearl – 285 Hana Hwy (579-8899) ill be open until 9:00 and offering wine and refreshments. The evening is dedicated to” Decking your Halls” for the Holidays Season. Wreath making demonstrations and inspiration will be provided
- Charley’s – 142 Hana Hwy (579-9453) Charley’s will be hosting The Neverminds starting at 9pm $10 cover. Tickets available online at CharleysMaui.com and at Charley’s world famous bar. You may want to buy tickets early. The Neverminds are a local favorite that have sold out their recent Charley’s shows.
- Paia Tattoo Parlor will be hosting an Art Opening tonight. The art exhibit will feature multiple artists with a portion of proceeds going towards Underfunded School Art Programs. The event will run from 6:00-10:00 PM tonight.
The fun should start around 6:00 PM tonight with most shops staying open until 9:00 PM. Parking should be tight so make sure to arrive early!