Maui Real Estate Blog
Paia Gives on December 20th
Saturday December 20th is the annual Paia Gives Event. It is hard to believe this great night of shopping, holiday cheer and philanthropy is in it’s ninth year already. I remember the first one really well. From 4:00-8:00 PM, merchants will be offering holiday sales with many offering refreshments and raffles or a portion of sales to benefit island non-profits. The list below summarizes what’s planned around town.
Paia Art Galleries
- Art Project Paia -77 Hana Hwy (214-6949).
Join Art Project Paia for an an evening of celebration. A portion of the night’s proceeds will benefit Maui Humane Society.
- Maui Crafts Guild – 120 Hana Hwy (579-9697)
Each guild artist has contributed to an amazing gift basket. Make a donation and receive a ticket to win! Proceeds benefit East Maui Animal Refuge.
- Maui Hands – 84 Hana Hwy (579-9245)
Maui Hands will be raffling off a 19” hammered metal petroglyph turtle by Charles Corda. Tickets will be 5.00 each or 5 for 20.00. All proceeds will go to support La’a Kea Farm. Refreshments served as part of the celebration!
- Biasa Rose –104 Hana Hwy (579-8602)
Biasa Rose’s holiday festivities will benefit Maui Humane Society.
- By the Bay –90 Hana Hwy (579-8340)
Celebrate with By The Bay! A portion of their proceeds will benefit Maui Humane Society.
- Lilikoi – 18 Baldwin Ave (579-6055)
Lilikoi will be donating to the Wings of Aloha program at the Maui Humane Society.
- Mahina – 23 Baldwin Ave (579-9131)
Mahina will be raising funds for Women Helping Women! Come out for a great night of shopping and helping stop domestic violence.
- Moonbow Tropics—36 Baldwin Ave (579-3131)
Moonbow Tropics will be raising funds for the Boo Boo Zoo
- Maui Girl Swimwear –12 Baldwin Ave (579-9266)
Maui Girl Swimwear will be offering 20-50% off the entire store all day
- Nuage Bleu – 76 Hana Hwy (579-9792)
Nuage Blue will be giving a raffle ticket for each $5 donation to win one $200 shopping spree or a piece by Hula Hoops Jewelry! All donations benefit their favorite charity, A Keiki’s Dream. Holiday cheer will be served from 4 – 8 pm.
- Oceania Maui – 120 Hana Hwy, Ste 3 (579-6063)
Oceania Maui is supporting the Hawaiian Immersion Program at Paia Elementary school with a percentage of every purchase! Join Oceania for the celebration with mimosas!
- Paia Mercantile –2 Baldwin Ave (579-6388)
A portion of the day’s sales at Paia Mercantile will benefit the Maui AIDS Foundation.
- Paia Style –40 Baldwin Ave (575-7327)
Supporting those in Paia that need it! They will be having a sale with 10% off throughout the entire store.
- Paia Trading Company – 106 Hana Hwy (579-9472)
Paia Trading Company will be donating a percentage of sales to the Paia Youth Center.
- Prospect Paia – 115 Hana Hwy
Join Prospect Paia for shopping and Holiday refreshments. More importantly they will be giving 20% of their days sales and any donations to Team Trucker. Team Trucker is a campaign to help Trucker Dukes, a little boy from Maui in his fight against an aggressive, late stage cancer.
- Biasa Rose –104 Hana Hwy (579-8602)
- Sophia Grace—36 Baldwin Ave (280-3595)
Sophia Grace will be donating proceeds to benefit the Dukes family to support Trucker.
- Tamara Catz Hawaii –83 Hana Hwy (579-9184)
This year their charity is the “Friend’s of the Children’s Justice Center Maui” which is a non-profit organized to help the children of Maui who are effected by abuse or neglect. From now through December 20the, they are accepting donations of new, unwrapped towys for boy or girls at their store to be donated to the Children’s Justice Center. Anyone in the community can drop off toys. On Saturday, December 20th for Paia Gives, they will be donating 10% of all sales to the Center. They will also be serving cider and chocolates.
- Wings Hawaii –69 Hana Hwy (579-3110)
Benefiting Maui Humane Society
The Wings Hawaii Store
Paia Grocery and Wine
- Mana Foods—49 Baldwin Ave (579-8078)
For Paia Gives, the Mana Foods bag credit will go to Paia School this month. If a customer brings their own bag they can choose to take $0.05 off their purchase total or donate it to Paia School. Customers can also donate any amount to Paia School at the register when checking out.
- Wine Corner – 149 Hana Hwy (579-8904)
The Wine Corner and DaVine Art will be hosting a table in their parking lot for The Paia Youth and Cultural Center. PYCC staff and youth members will sell PYCC hats, cookbooks and other items. They will also hold a raffle for great prize yet to be determined. As part of their tables, Honi Designs Hawaii and Ekahi Sunrise will sell their beautiful jewelry and donate a share of the profits to the PYCC
Paia Home Furnishings
- Indigo Paia – 149 Hana Hwy (579-9199)
Raising funds for PYCC’s RadiOpio. Portion of night’s proceeds will benefit Paia Youth and Cultural Center .
- Pearl –71 Baldwin Ave (579-8899)
Pearl Butik, along with Maui Children’s Bookstore pop up shop will be donating 10% of the days sales to the La’akea Foundation. Enjoy Pupus,proseco, music and a chance to win a cozy throw. This La’akea Foundation is a residential farm community where youths and adults with intellectual disabilities are part of a thriving community. Pearl will offer extended hours 10-8pm.
- Flatbread Company, Maui –89 Hana Hwy (579-8989)
Flarbread will be hosting a special benefit night for Benny, one of Paia’s best friends! Benny has had recent health problems that have left his family struggling to pay all of his medical deals.
- Flatbread Company, Maui –89 Hana Hwy (579-8989)
- Milagros Paia, Maui –3 Baldwin Ave (579-8755)
Milagros will be donating a portion of the day’s proceeds to the Duke Family to support Trucker’s fight against cancer.
- Rock & Brews Restaurant and Pub Paia—120 Hana Hwy (579-9011)
Rock & Brews will be donating to Toys for Tots as part of their 12 Days of KISS-mad promotion (12/12-12/23). For every toy they receive they will be giving the donator a $5 gift card to use towards a meal at R&B.
Head to Paia on Saturday December 20th, finish some last minute Holiday Shopping, support island non-profits and have some fun!
Maui Real Estate Blog
Paia Gives Is This Saturday!
Paia Gives is scheduled for Saturday, December 21, 2013 from 4-8 pm. This great community event is now in its eighth year. Over the years, Paia Gives has generated significant contributions to local non-profits, provided an opportunity to finish Christmas shopping at local businesses all while throwing a good party. Special deals, refreshments, and entertainment make for a memorable evening of shopping and giving in Paia Town. This post includes a partial list of businesses that are participating and the local non-profits they have chosen to support. If you haven’t been to Paia in a while, you will see that there have been some changes this year with new businesses and other stores moving to new locations. We tried to highlight some of those changes below.
- Art Project Paia is a new gallery that opened earlier this year. This beautiful space is in the midst of it’s second show since it opened. For Paia Gives, some of the artists from the latest show, Women Make The World Go Round, will be in attendance. Kary McCarthy, Kathy Sakai, Lisa Bartleson from Lisa Bartleson Studio and Tatiana Botton from Tatiana Photo Studios. They will be there to take your questions, talk art, life and what to expect for 2014. All for a good cause as 10% of sales proceeds from that day will benefit Maui Humane Society. Art Project Paia invites you to stop by and have a drink, meet the artists and support the Humane Society. They are located at 77 Hana Hwy.
- Maui Crafts Guild – You may smell fresh paint when you visit the Maui Crafts Guild as they will be opening their brand new location at 120 Hana Hwy on the corner of Hana Highway and Baldwin this weekend. This is the former location for Dakine. The Crafts Guild we be supporting the Paia Youth and Cultural Center during Paia Gives.
- Maui Hands is located at 84 Hana Highway. They will be raffling off a 19” hammered metal petroglyph turtle by Charles Corda. It has a value of 125.00. Tickets will be 5.00 each or 5 for 20.00. All proceeds from the raffle will go to support Hali’imaile Community Garden. Refreshments will be served as part of the celebration!
- Biasa Rose is located at 104 Hana Highway. Their holiday festivities will benefit Women Helping Women Maui
- By the Bay is located at 90 Hana Hwy. They will have 2 pieces of art to raffle. For every $5 donated the Maui Humane Society, you will receive a raffle ticket. Also, purchases over $100 on that day will receive a glass ornament of their choice.
- Letarte Swimwear is located in the cute little hut at 24 Baldwin Ave. The Letarte Store is going to honor this special night by raffling 2 $50 gift certificates for Letarte labeled merchandise. Raffle tickets are $5 and the funds raised from the raffle will be donated to the Surfrider Foundation – Maui Chapter. There will be Christmas refreshments at the store between 4-8pm as well.
- Lilikoi is located at 18 Baldwin Ave. They will be donating to the Wings of Aloha program at the Maui Humane Society. They are already donating 100% of the sale proceeds from kai fragrance gift sets and to the program. They will be donating 5% of our sales from Paia Gives on Dec 21. They will also do a gift drawing for those that make a purchase at Lilikoi during the event.
- Mahina is located at 23 Baldwin Avenue. They will be raising funds for Women Helping Women! They invite people to come out for a great night of shopping and helping stop domestic violence.
- Nuage Bleu is situated at 76 Hana Highway. They will be having a raffle that benefits A Keiki’s Dream. They are giving raffle tickets with each $5 donation to win one of two $100 gift cards! They are also hosting a trunk show featuring Hula Hoops Maui Jewelry!
Holiday cheer will be served from 4 – 8 pm.
- Paia Trading Company is located at 106 Hana Hwy. They will be donating a percentage of sales to the Paia Youth and Cultural Center. The Ginger Bread Man and possibly Frosty the Snowman will be handing out candy.
- Oceania Maui is located is Suite 3 of 120 Hana Highway. They will be donating 10% of the whole day’s proceeds to the keiki gardening project at the Upcountry Montessori School of Maui.Every customer who shops there for “Paia Gives” receives a free handmade coconut soap with purchase of $25 or more. While supplies last.
- San Lorenzo Bikinis Maui is another new addition to Paia. They occupy the long vacant store at the intersection of Hana Hwy and Baldwin Avenue between Ono Gelato and Honolua Surf Company. They will be accepting donations for the Maui Food Bank
- Sand and Sea located at 99 Hana Hwy will be accepting donations for the Maui Food Bank.
- Wings Hawaii is at a new location at 69 Hana Highway. We were sad to see our old neighbors move, but they have a great little shop right on Hana Highway. They will be benefiting Maui Food Bank during Paia Gives. If you bring in a canned food or non perishable food donation in for 20% off your entire purchase. That deal runs all day tomorrow.
Grocery and Wine
- Wine Corner and Da Vine Art are located right next to each other in the Paia General Store Building. Da Vine Art is an extension of the Wine Corner and another new addition to Paia. They are a beautiful new wine and spirits tasting bar. They are open for general tasting and can also host private events. Da Vine Art and The Wine Corner will be benefiting the Paia Youth and Cultural Center. PYCC staff and youth members will be hosting a table in the parking lot that sells PYCC hats, cookbooks and other items. We will also hold a raffle for great prize yet to be determined. As part of the tables, Honi Designs Hawaii and Ekahi Sunrise will sell their beautiful jewelry and donate a share of the profits to the PYCC
- Indigo Paia is located in the Paia General Store Building on Hana Highway. They will be raising funds for PYCC’s RadiOpio. One raffle ticket given for every $20 spent in store. Raffle items include RueBelle jewelry, photography by Daniel Sullivan and clothing by CMiya.
- Pearl has a brand new location at 71 Baldwin Ave (The same building as the Maui Real Estate Team). They have a beautiful space with fine home furnishings and smaller home decor items. Our new neighbors will be donating 10% of the day’s sales towards La’a Kea Farm in Paia. Donate $5 for a raffle ticket to win bamboo throw. Serving Holiday Cheer from 4-8pm.
- Milagros is located at the corner of Hana Highway and Baldwin Avenue. They will be donating a percentage of sales to Montessori of Maui.
- Charley’s Restaurant & Saloon will be raising funds for the Maui Humane Society.
- Hi-Tech Surf and Sports will be donating 10% of clothing sales made between 4 and 8pm on the Night of Paia Gives to the Paia Youth & Cultural Center.
Paia Gives is a fun night and a great opportunity to support local businesses and local non-profits. Come out tomorrow night and get your last minute Christmas and Holiday shopping done in Paia.