Tag: Paia Events
Maui Real Estate Blog
Fourth Friday Paia-Big Surf January
Friday, January 27th brings another installment of Fourth Friday in Paia. The theme of this month’s Fourth Friday is Big Surf. January is the peak of Big Wave season for Maui’s North Shore and wave riders from all over the world congregate to this beautiful beach town to test their mettle in the jumbo surf. The event runs from 6:00-9:00 PM. Some merchants will be having refreshments. Some are having music and others will be hosting sales. Some are doing all of the above. Here is a list of some of the events planned by Paia’s different businesses for this installment of Fourth Friday.
Paia Art Galleries
- Maui Crafts Guild – 69 Hana Hwy (579-9697) Whimsical gourd artist, Jennifer Throne, will be the featured artist at the Maui Crafts Guild from January 27 until February 23, 2012. You can meet the artist during her opening reception from 6:30 to 9 PM on Friday, January 27. Refreshments and live music will be part of the festivities at the store in conjunction with Paia Town’s Fourth Friday celebration.
- Maui Hands – 84 Hana Hwy (579-9245) For 4th Friday we will feature artist Linda Whittemore demonstrating her work of viscosity oil painting. We will also feature a large collection of wave artwork in different mediums. Refreshments will be served
- Turnbull Fine Art – 137 Hana Hwy (579-9385) will be having Ed Lane as our featured artist that night. Ed’s Fun bright colors of Maui represent our Paia town.
Paia Beauty Services
- Thee Salon -109 Baldwin Ave (579-6333) offering “A New Do for a New You”, call for details.
- Biasa Rose -104 Hana Hwy (579-8602) Come by for great deals and a great party.
- Lotus Heart – Lotus Heart Gifts in the Paia Courtyard is offering 15% storewide discount and FREE Om pants with $100 or more purchase for January. Yummy vegan ice cream!
- Maui Girl – 12 Baldwin Ave (579-9266) 10% off from 6-9
- Puka Puka – 43 Hana Hwy (579-3080) Puka Puka is screening “Trade Wind”, a windsurfing movie filmed at Ho’okipa in 1982 by Jack McCoy. Time TBA
- Tamara Catz Boutique – 83 Hana Hwy (579-9184) Jewelry trunk show with Kyote designs and live music by Andonimus Maximus.
- Wings Hawaii – 71 Baldwin Ave (579-3110) Becky Dosh of Wings will be painting a surfboard throughout the night. Come get a great deal on their “Honi Honi” line of bikinis, and meet the surfers that wear them.
Paia Grocery/Wine Stores
- Mana Foods – 49 Baldwin Ave (579-8078) January 27th: North Shore’s very own Maui Preserved will sample their delicious handcrafted and island grown foods inside Mana Foods (49 Baldwin Avenue, Paia) at the bamboo Tiki demo bar.
- Indigo – 149 Hana Hwy (579-9199) Come warm up for DJ VADIM Tropi-Step Tour 2012 starting across the street at Charley’s at 8.
- Pearl – 285 Hana Hwy (579-8899) Pearl will be clearing out select bedding, pillows and more to make room for new Spring merchandise. Savings up to 40%!! Refreshments, lite pupus and savings galore! Open until 8pm
- Charley’s – 142 Hana Hwy (579-9453) Maui B-boys and girls, vinyl addicts, and electro-lovers unite! UK electronic music pioneer, DJ Vadim, is setting up camp in Charlies Paia on January 27th (Fourth Friday) for your booty-shaking pleasure. DJ Vadim’s Hawaii Tropi-step 2012 Tour comes to Paia, direct from Honolulu, featuring live vocals from fresh talent Karen Be, discovered by Vadim last year on the streets of undergrowth of East London. Warm up comes from neo-locals Helmet Conspiracy (London, Paris, Haiku), and island-favourites DJ Trip and DJ Nadi serving a tropical blend of global dance floor fillers. One of the founding fathers of the ‘trip-hop’ sound in the 1990s along with collaborators DJ Krush (Japan) and DJ Cam (France), Russian ex-pat DJ Vadim has earned his reputation as one of the hardest working men in entertainment over the past two decades. With more than 2,500 career shows and a list of production and remix clients including Stevie Wonder, Al Green, Prince, Talib Kweili, The Roots, Public Enemy, Ghost face killah, Method Man, Redman, Kraftwerk, and Fat Freddys Drop, Vadim is guaranteed to blow the doors off Charlies’ legendary saloon. Come out and support this night of international organically grown dopeness! Starts at 8PM. Tickets – $15 on the door – advance @ www.charliesmaui.com and 808 579 8085
- Café Mambo – 30 Baldwin Ave (579-8021) Surf Movies screened throughout the evening.
Paia Surf Shops
- Sailboards Maui – 22 Baldwin Ave (579-8431) 20% off boardshorts, swimsuits, rashguards, and towels.
Here is a map of parking locations for the Fourth Friday Event. Arrive early as parking can get a little tight in town.