Tag: Spreckelsville Condos
Maui Real Estate Blog
Spreckelsville Maui Real Estate Update
With the year coming to an end, we wanted to start taking a look at different communities around the island and how they performed in 2012. The first market we wanted to tackle is the North Shore community of Spreckelsville. Spreckelsville has a Paia mailing address, but it is a neighborhood unto itself. The community consists of higher end properties ranging from executive homes along the Maui Country Club golf course to multi-million dollar oceanfront estates. “Sprecks” is also home to Sugar Cove, the only beachfront condominium complex on the North Shore. Sprecks is a popular community both for kama’aina and second home owners. Owners in the area are drawn to the central location, beaches, access to Paia, proximity to the country club and the water sports accessible just offshore. Windsurfing, kitesurfing, surfing, SUP, body boarding and just plain beach walking are all available at the beaches and offshore reefs of Spreckelsville. The map below shows the location of the 2012 Spreckelsville real estate sales marked by blue pins and the current active real estate listings marked by green.
View Spreckelsville Real Estate Market Update in a larger map
Here are a few observation on the 2012 real estate sales activity in Spreckelsville.
- The eleven homes sold in 2012 represent a 57% increase in sales volume over the 7 that were sold in 2011.
- The median sales price for homes sold in 2012 was $1,495,000.
- The high sales price was $2,520,000 for a beachfront home on Stable Road.
- There was one two acre, vacant lot sold in Spreckelsville this year for $680,000.
- There was an usually high amount of sales activity in old Sprecks. The older streets in the neighborhood like Nonohe, Paani, Kealakai and Laulea typically only see one or two real estate transactions in a year. This year there were five total transactions on Nonohe and Kealalkai.
- Six of the eleven home sales this year were properties that were either unlisted or never made it to the MLS. Most of these sales were among residents who already lived in the neighborhood.
Overall, it was a pretty active year for the Spreckelsville Real Estate market. What will 2013 bring in this community? There are seven properties actively listed in the community at this time. There are five homes listed ranging in price from $1,395,000 to $10,500,000. There is also one lot with with deeded beach access for sale. You can find all of the current Spreckelsville Real Estate listings on MauiRealEstate.com. You may also contact The Maui Real Estate Team if you have questions on Spreckelsville. With our broker and one other agent calling the neighborhood home, you can rest assured that we know this community well.