Tag: Spreckelsville Land
Maui Real Estate Blog
Spreckelsville 2016 Year End Market Update
What makes Spreckelsville one of the more desirable communities on island? Convenience, access to water sports and beaches, proximity to Paia, proximity to Central Maui and a neighborhood golf course at the Maui Country Club. While demand may be high, the neighborhood sees limited turn over. When you have all the amenities of Spreckelsville, there aren’t many reasons to move. The post below outlines how the Spreckelsville Real Estate market fared in 2016 and gives a few thoughts on what we might expect in the coming year.
The map above shows the current active listings and the 2016 sales. Click on the individual pins for more details on the properties.
Spreckelsville continued to see signs of upwards price pressure during 2016. While volume wasn’t extraordinary, it was largely a reflection of supply. Here are some notable numbers from the 2016 Spreckelsville sales.
- There were five homes and one Sugar Cove Condo sold this year.
- Two of the five homes were sold prior to being listed. That continues a recent trend in the neighborhood that reflects demand for the area.
- The Oli Oli Kai sale was the highest ever price for a property in the North Shore or Upcountry area. 120 Ulupua was the highest ever sale in the Sprecks V subdivision.
- Sales were spread throughout Spreckelsville with one close on Stable Road, one sale in E Paepae Ka Puko’a, two sales in Old Sprecks and one sale in Sprecks V.
What will 2017 bring for this in demand North Shore neighborhood? Supply is going to be a limiting factor with only four active listings currently. If all four listings were to sell close to their current asking prices, they would be a testament to rising values. All of the listings would be a record of some kind for their property type. 600 Stable Road is priced higher than any previous home sale on the North Shore or Upcountry. 0 Paani is priced above any other lot to have sold in Sprecks. 204 Kealakai would be the highest priced non-oceanfront home sale in Spreckelsville. 2464 Waipua would have the highest cost per square foot for any home in Sprecks V and the second highest sales price in the neighborhood.
The Spreckelsville area is near and dear to the Maui Real Estate Team. Our broker Billy and agent Martin both call the neighborhood home. Either one would welcome the opportunity to talk to prospective buyers about their experiences living in the area. We keep a close eye on the market and an ear to the ground for unlisted properties. If you are a Sprecks resident considering selling or just wonder what you home might be worth in the current market, we would be happy to provide for a free evaluation of your home’s value and to discuss how we might be of assistance. Contact us today for assistance. You can see the current Spreckelsville Real Estate Listings on MauiRealEstate.com.
Maui Real Estate Blog
Spreckelsville 2015 Midyear Real Estate Market Update
Over the last few years, the community of Spreckelsville has established itself as one of the hottest real estate markets on island. The strength of the market is evidenced by a number of high dollar sales and numerous properties that have sold without ever hitting the MLS. The community has become a popular choice for both Kama’aina and second homeowners. Residents are drawn to the community due to its great beaches, access to world class water sports, the Maui Country Club, proximity to Paia town, and the overall convenience to island amenities. After a scorching year of sales in 2014, we suspected that the 2015 market might have a tough time replicating last year’s volume of transactions. Now that we are over six months into the year, let’s take a look at what has happened in Spreckelsville thus far this year.
The map above shows the location of and information about the four properties that sold in the first half of 2015 as well as the two properties that are actively listed. The four properties sold is a decrease from the seven that were sold during the first half of 2014. Here are a few noteworthy items about the Spreckelsville sales from the first half of the year.
- The four sales consisted of two homes, one Sugar Cove condo and one parcel of land.
- A significant number of sales in Spreckelsville over the last few years have been unlisted properties. This proved to be true in the first half of 2015 as two of the four sales were sold prior to listing.
- The sale of 161 Makahiki set a new high price for a home in the Kai Holu subdivision. The Kai Holu Subdivision consists of 17 agriculturally zoned lots in the middle of the neighborhood along Makahiki Street and Cane Place.
There is going to need to be a significant uptick in activity during the second half of the year for 2015 to come close to matching last year’s 14 total sales. With only two properties on the market currently in Sprecks, I have a tough time foreseeing us making up the difference. You never know though, we have already mentioned how this neighborhood is known for unlisted property sales. You can check out photos and more details for the current inventory of Spreckelsville Real Estate Listings on MauiRealEstate.com. Contact The Maui Real Estate Team if you have questions on Sprecks or to see if one of us might have a line on an unlisted property or two. Our broker and one of our agents call the neighborhood home. They can literally say that they know this neighborhood like their own backyard.
Maui Real Estate Blog
Spreckelsville August 2014 Real Estate Market Update
With two members of the Maui Real Estate Team calling the Spreckelsville neighborhood home, we can literally say this community is part of our backyard. This North Shore community situated between Paia town and the Airport, offers convenience to amenities, access to beaches and some of the best wind and water sports venues on the planet. It is also home to the Maui Country Club which features a 9 hole golf course, tennis, beach access, a pool and a clubhouse with outstanding food. Sprecks has been a highly coveted address over the last 10 years, and interest and prices have continued to ratchet up in 2014. The map below shows the Spreckelsville Real Estate sales activity in 2014. There have been 12 sales to date this year with two listings still active at this time.
Here are some things that I thought were noteworthy about the 2014 Spreckeslville Real Estate Market.
- The 12 properties sold for the year as of 8/20/2014 is a huge increase over the 4 properties sold during all of 2013. It is also ahead of the 11 total properties sold in Spreckelsville during 2012.
- Buyers have had to beat the bushes to find properties to buy this year. Six of the 12 properties that have sold this year were not listed by Real Estate agents at the time that they went under contract. Two of those six were properties that had been listed previously.
- The four sales of $4,000,000 or greater represent a particularly robust period of high end sales. Prior to those closes, there had been only one sale in Spreckelsville above $4,000,000. While there are a number of other oceanfront homes that might be valued over $4,000,000, you just don’t see that type of turn over in the neighborhood. We will be hard pressed to see that level of activity again as Oceanfront Homes in Spreckeslville aren’t listed all that frequently.
- The lack of available homes for sale helped to drive demand for land in the neighborhood. The last developer owned lot sold at E Paepae Ka PuKo’a and there were two resales of lots in that subdivision. One resale represented by the Maui Real Estate Team ended up in a bidding war with a sales price well over asking price.
- After a quiet couple of years of sales activity, there has been one sale at the Sugar Cove condominiums. There are still two more active listings at this unique upscale condominium development.
- The Maui Real Estate Team represented the buyers or the sellers on 50% of the transactions that have occurred this year.
With just over four months remaining in the year, it will be interesting to see what happens for the rest of 2014 in Spreckelsville. Inventory could be the biggest constraint with only the two Sugar Cove listings active at this time. There are no homes or pieces of vacant land listed. Vacant land in Spreckelsville is becoming particularly scarce with most of the remaining undeveloped lots being held for the long term or being prepared for future construction. There is one potential bank owned home that has been rumored to be coming to market for well over a year.
Buyers who are interested in Spreckelsville are encouraged to contact The Maui Real Estate Team. We continue to keep our eyes and ears open for properties even before they come on to the market. You can find more information and photos on the current Spreckelsville Real Estate Listings on MauiRealEstate.com. If you own a property in Spreckelsville and are considering selling, we would welcome the chance to sit down with you for a free consultation on the value of your property.
Update on 8/22/2014
I checked with the agent who was going to be listing the bank owned property coming on the market in Spreckelsville. As per that agent, the bank sold that home directly to a buyer within the last couple of weeks. The home was in older Sprecks on the Makai (ocean) side of Nonohe right next to Maui Country Club. The sales price was rumored to be $1,700,000.
Maui Real Estate Blog
Spreckelsville 2013 Year End Round Up and 2014 Outlook
After taking a look at the big picture of how the Maui Real Estate market performed in 2013, this is the first of what will be a few posts that look at how specific Maui communities performed in 2013. Today, we are shining the spotlight on the North Shore community of Spreckelsville. Nestled between the airport and Paia town, Spreckelsville is a collection of Oceanfront estates, golf course homes, executive homes and even a small beachfront luxury condominium complex. It has long been a popular place to live for Kama’aina. It is also a desirable spot for second home owners. The appeal of the area lies in its central location, beautiful beaches, the Maui Country Club and access to some of the best locations for wind and water sports in the world.
The map below shows all of the real estate activity that occurred in 2013. Sales are represented by red pins, the blue pin is for a property that went under contract in 2013 and closed in 2014, the yellow pins represent properties that went under contract in 2013 and have still not closed. Green pins represent all of the properties listed in 2013 that are still active.
Here are a few additional observations on Spreckelsville Real Estate activity in 2013.
- The five total home sales in 2013 were a sharp drop from the 11 homes sold in 2012. There were quite a few unlisted properties that sold in 2012. That may account for some of the difference.
- The second half of 2013 saw a marked increase in activity over the first half. All five sales in Spreckelsville occurred after July 1st.
- The high sale was $3,000,000 for an unlisted home on Pa’ani. This home was on the ocean side of the street, but not oceanfront. Sales on this street tend to be relatively rare.
- Of note, there were four properties that were listed for higher prices that went under contract in November and December and had not closed by year end. One of those four listings was an Oceanfront Home at 455 Pa’ani that closed in January of 2014 for $7,950,000. That is the second highest sale in the neighborhood all time.
- While there has been a surge in high end activity, the lower end of the Sprecks market has not had as strong of a demand from buyers. There were three sales in Sprecks V, but we have not seen the strong appreciation that we saw at lower price points in nearby Paia. The sale of 120 Ulupua was the highest in Sprecks V to date, but it is also the biggest house and by far the biggest lot in the neighborhood. This home also had extraordinary finishing and was considered to be a value at its price.
- There were no sales or listings at the Sugar Cove condominiums during 2013.
It will be interesting to see what 2014 brings for the Spreckelsville Real Estate market. We have already had one big close with potentially three more big closes coming in the first quarter. Beyond that, inventory is scarce with only two active listings. While there was a late surge in 2013 for beach and oceanfront properties in Sprecks, there are no active listings on the water. If we are to see any significant additional activity in 2014 beyond what is under contract, it will need to come in part from new listings or unlisted properties.
Contact The Maui Real Estate Team for additional information on Spreckelsville and the local real estate market. Our broker and one of our agents call this neighborhood home so we can give you a pretty good sense of what the Spreckelsville lifestyle has to offer. You can check out the current inventory of Spreckelsville Real Estate Listings on MauiRealEstate.com.
Maui Real Estate Blog
Price Reduced! Spreckeslville Lot with Deeded Beach Access
We just had a healthy price reduction on the lot we have listed in Spreckelsville. This lot is the only land for sale in this desirable North Shore community at this time. The lot is almost eight-tenths of an acre, all flat and usable. Underground utilities and neighborhood covenants are part of the appeal. The property is situated just across from the community pathway that takes you to Spreckelsville Beach, a great location for windsurfing and SUP. Kanaha Beach Park, Baby Beach, Sugar Cove and Maui Country Club are just a short ride down the bike path. Paia town’s shops and restaurants are a five minute drive. Kahului’s shopping, movie theaters, performing arts center and medical facilities are ten minutes or less from your front door.
This great Spreckelsville lot is now offered for $749,000. Check out the Spreckelsville Lot with Beach Access listing page for more photos and information. Contact The Maui Real Estate Team to discuss the property or to arrange a tour of the lot and the neighborhood.
Maui Real Estate Blog
New Spreckelsville Real Estate Page Added To MauiRealEstate.com
Our broker Billy and agent Martin both live in the North Shore Community of Spreckelsville. This neighborhood is located on the ocean side of Hana Highway between the airport and Paia. The community is popular with both Kama’aina and second home owners due to its central location and neighborhood amenities. There are family friendly beaches like Baby Beach and Sugar Cove. People from all over the world come here for the combination of wind and waves that make it a mecca of windsurfing, kitesurfing and Stand Up Paddling. Golfers and tennis players enjoy the Maui Country Club which is located right in the middle of the neighborhood. From a real estate standpoint, homes in the neighborhood range in price from executive homes priced just under $1,000,000 all the way up to multi-million dollar oceanfront estates. There are also a handful of vacant lots in the area starting in the $700,000 range. Spreckelsville is also home to the North Shore’s only luxury oceanfront condo complex, Sugar Cove. These spacious condos are a unique offering in all of Maui.
We have always featured Spreckelsville real estate listings on MauiRealEstate.com under our Paia Real Estate listings page. However, we think this great little North Shore neighborhood was worthy of having it’s own page on the site. As a result, we our proud to announce our new Spreckelsville Real Estate page. This page includes all of the current Spreckelsville listings including homes, Sugar Cove condos and vacant land. With two residents of “Sprecks” on our team, it is safe to say we know the neighborhood well. Contact The Maui Real Estate Team if you have questions on the community or if you need representation buying or selling a property in Spreckeslville.