Wailea Point is the grand daddy of Wailea Luxury condos. With 28 acres in an incomparable location between the Four Seasons and the Fairmont, this may be one of the most impressive condo properties in Maui or even Hawaii. This is a project that wouldn’t be built today. To be clear, I don’t mean that in a bad sense. It’s just that the economics of development have changed. This property is such low density for such a valuable piece of real estate. The low density and the quality of the location is what makes this such a desirable place to live. It is what spurs owners to sink up to seven figures into renovating 30 year old condos.
Wailea Point Overview
- The complex has 34 buildings on approximately 28 oceanfront acres.
- There are 130 units in the complex with both 2 and 3 bedroom floor plans.
- The condos were constructed between 1986 and 1988.
- A handful of owners have combined adjoining units to create super sized units.
- Interior square footage for the condos range from 1,359 square feet all the way up to 4,813 square feet. Additional covered lanai space significantly expands the living area.
- Location and upgrades tend to drive values Some sellers invested seven figure sums into remodels.
- Units closest to the ocean tend to fetch the highest premiums. That said, some owners prefer the privacy and elevated perspectives from the second row of the development.
- Units located further from the ocean and facing towards the Fairmont offer the lowest priced opportunities in the development.
- Wailea Beach is located to the North of the development and Polo Beach is located to the South.
- The Wailea Beach Path runs along the oceanfront allows for easy access to other beaches, restaurants and the Shops at Wailea.
- The complex is gated with 24 hour security.
- Wailea Point allows vacation rentals albeit with a minimum stay of one month.
- Amenities include three heated swimming pools, a 25-meter lap pool, two large Jacuzzi spas, fitness center, tennis and pickle ball courts, outdoor pavilions with complete kitchens and multiple barbecue areas.
- Concierge and handyman services enhance the owner experience.
You can find the current active listings at Wailea Point below.
Check out the recent statistics for Wailea Point to learn more about recent market conditions in the development.
If you have questions or wish to discuss a listing in the Wailea Point, please call the Maui Real Estate Team at (800) 579-1525 or send us a message. We’ll be happy to help.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Recent Sales Statistics for Wailea Point
As mentioned above, values differ substantially within the development based on location and remodels. As a result, changes in median price and average price per square foot don’t always reflect changes in values. Variability in the quality of the inventory sold can also be a big driver in shifts in the statistics. Contact the Maui Real Estate Team for a more in depth discussion on recent market activity.